Saturday, July 16, 2016

That's A Wrap

I was waiting on our USCIS approval to come back from being apostilled and got it in the mail Thursday afternoon.  I knew people were traveling THIS weekend (like tomorrow!) and I wanted to get our dossier to them if possible so they could carry it over for us so that we would not have to mail anything directly to Charlie's country.  So, as soon as the envelope arrived (and I had been impatiently stalking tracking the package and checking the mailbox multiple times a day all week) I quickly starting asking for addresses so I could overnight everything.  I got a thumbs up from someone but never got her address.  I waited...and I waited...and I even messaged her again asking for her address...and nothing.  Now the post office closes at 4:30 and it was nearing 4:00 so I was starting to get a bit irritated.  I went to message this poor, kind soul YET AGAIN when I suddenly remembered something.  Once upon a time someone had been trying to send me Facebook messages and though they swore they sent them repeatedly, I never got them.  It took someone telling me that there was an "other messages" box that you can only see from your desktop to finally get all the messages.  Maybe that's where the address went!!!  So I frantically logged on and yep, there was the address, sitting in that d@mn folder since 2:30.  I grabbed the paperwork, jumped in the car and raced to the post office.  Thank goodness nothing in our town is more than five minutes away.  I leapt out of the car with 15 minutes to spare and ran into the post office.  I was so nervous.  As I put the dossier into the envelope and double checked that it would be guaranteed to be delivered, I asked the postwoman for a prayer.  She looked at me like I had just asked her to mail her kidney.  What is it about working for the post office that makes people so apathetic?  Anyone else experience that or is it just me???



(Here is our dossier being wrapped up.  I swear giving that paperwork to a stranger was like giving her my child to mail.  Or my kidney.)

So that's it.  We have submitted our paperwork.  All of it.  There is nothing left to do but wait.  According to our facilitator we should be traveling in the next 30-ish days.  How utterly terrifying and exciting all at the same time.  Normal feelings, I'd imagine, at this stage in the game.  Ready or not, here we come!!!
  

1 comment: