Thursday, June 9, 2016

Life Balance

I've found that life comes in seasons.  Sometimes those seasons last only weeks, sometimes the season seems like it will never end.  And every season has a theme.  This season can best be described by the quote below:



I feel like every day I am doing okay.  Just okay.  We aren't jumping ship yet but neither am I going to fill journals with all the wonderful things each day here lately brought.  I'm not sure when the day got so short but there is just not enough time for everything.  And I'm not talking about fun stuff like swimming at the beach or weekly massages.  I'm talking about the mundane every day.  When did doing what you need to do begin to occupy so much time that there isn't any left for the things you want to do???

The thing is, I'm not unhappy with my life.  I love what I do, my family, where we live.  I just feel like the amount of time I'd like to devote to each of those things every day adds up to more than 24 hours.

It's all a means to end; I get that.  This season will pass just like the rest of them.  I just hope, at the end of it, that my children will forgive me for yelling too much, for hugging too little, for being a bit too distracted and hurried...

The next season of life will be a beautiful one.  And this current one?  It serves as a beautiful reminder that sometimes it's okay if some days all you can be is okay.  

No comments:

Post a Comment