Thursday, August 25, 2016

And We're Waiting...

...and we're waiting.  Waiting for travel dates that truly feel like they ARE NEVER COMING!!!!!  This is the third trimester, people.  I'm done.  My attitude has plummeted from super excited to super grumpy.  All my best laid plans for this semester are shot to hell because we were supposed to be coming home at this point, not waiting to travel.  Now the girls are back in school and soccer and gymnastics and riding and everything else has started.  I was supposed to be home with Charlie and thus able to chauffeur everyone from activity to activity.  But Brent is doing it by himself, juggling working with getting everyone everywhere on time because I'm still at work and too far away to help most of the time.  In addition, I have been trading days at work, not taking them off, so that I can save my vacation days for when we do travel.  So I've not had a vacation since New Year's and I'm about ready to scream.

(Insert deep breath and large glass of wine here.)

I know, I know.  Want to make God laugh?  Tell him your plans.  I get that this is His timing and all but patience has never been a virtue of mine (ask my mother and my husband).  But I feel like we are stuck in this holding pattern and I'm tired of waiting.

Come on, travel dates...you can do it, I just know it!


3 comments:

  1. Thinking of you! �� You only have to do this once. I am so excited for you and truly believe he'll be worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping it will happen soon for you and us!!!! Just think there are some ppl who had been waiting and fighting for a couple years.... May be it will help to feel a bit better...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you and your family. I can't wait to meet all of my cousins when I'm back! Love and miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete